Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Countdown...


We started this year's Christmas season off by making gingerbread houses. And, before you "ooh" and "aw" too much, I should mention that when I say "we" I mean mostly Cody. I tell you this because I don't want to falsely steal credit for Cody's genius gingerbread design. He really is talented in gingerbread construction.



I have made several gingerbread houses in my time, and not one (until this day) survived the evening. Mine usually end up resembling the "Money Pit" house, with the roof caved in on the remainder of the house, basically a big pile of sugary rubble.



Now, on my behalf, I did assist with this year's creation of which I take pride. After Cody constructed the base of the structure, I applied the initial frosting base to apply the gingerbread (really, they were graham crackers, but nevertheless). I feel it was a success from the sheer fact that I touched it and it is still standing 4 days later.


This activity has assured me of two things; one, that whether my gingerbread house stands or falls, I love this season. I love the chance we have to celebrate the Savior's birthday, for he is the true reason for this all. And, two, this proves once again that Cody is my perfect match, he is strong where I am weak and together we stand stronger than apart.

2 comments:

Cheramie said...

i didn't know you had a blog! how fun! you write really well. that is one spectacular ginger bread house!

Jessica Christensen said...

Yeah, all those Christensens -- even the ones who didn't study anything artistic -- are still very artistic. I'm not really able to make structurally sound gingerbread houses either. Just not one of my gifts. =(

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP