Tuesday, December 16, 2008

He came into the world, even Jesus...


I can't express how much I love this season. Beyond the festivities and present giving, it is the one time of year I feel we are all a little more kind, loving and considerate of everyone, even those we don't know. And, although it should be like this always, this is the one time of year we are all a little more Christ-like.

We attended the Bentonville Christmas parade the other day. It was so much fun! Cody rode on one of the floats, playing a shepherd in the Nativity scene (I know, don't you love his get-up; he wore a wig and everything). It was pointed out that in year's past there has only been the one float representing Jesus Christ and the Nativity. And, although this year was filled with a fair share of Santa's workshops and little elves, I am pleased to say this year I counted four Christ centered floats. It was a fun event, and I am glad that all aspects of the season were represented.

Let me just say how grateful I am for the savior, for his birth and his life and the sacrifice he made for all of us. I know he lives! And, I know he came to this earth to give us all the chance to return to him someday. I am so grateful for a holiday that stands as such a poingnant reminder of his birth and life.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP