Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Graduation...




W
e attended my Grandfather's funeral this past weekend, which we lovingly refer to as his "graduation" from this life. He was such a strong willed and independent man, despite his many trials. There is no way we could understand what he had to bear. For those who did not know him, he suffered from Norrie's disease, which causes blindness, deafness, and other circulatory problems. So he lived much of his life in his own world, literally, but he endured it well.

He was stubbornly persistent in his devotion to his family, beliefs, and faith. I know he lived this life valiantly, and that is something we can all strive for. So I know that although he has passed on, really he has just graduated from this stage to be happily reunited with his sweetheart in heaven. I know I will see him again someday, and he too will be able to see me. I have many fond memories of him, which I will cherish. I loved him very much, and although he will be missed, I am very happy for him, because I know he has graduated to a much better place.

1 comment:

Justin and Sindy said...

I'm glad you were able to make it for your Grandpa's funeral. I know it's not the best circumstance for a visit, but it was really good to see you and Rya. She is darling! Tell Cody hello and that we missed seeing him. Hopefully, we will see you all again when we can hang out and catch up!

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP