Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tieger Tales

Let’s just begin this post by say, “THANK GOODNESS!” Thank goodness nothing terrible happened.

 

With that said, here is my story. We went to visit my parents, Grandma and Grandpa Deer (as both sets of grandparents have the same last names, Rya assigned them nicknames when she was very young, Grandma and Grandpa Deer because they have deer constantly loitering on their front lawn). We had laid Tieg down to bed but not surprisingly we heard the pitter patter of little Tieger feet roaming the upstairs rather than sleeping. Being that this happens often I sometimes just let him be, hoping he will realize he is tired and put himself back to bed. Most times it doesn’t work, but every now and then we have a lucky night.

 

This, unfortunately was not one of those nights.

After conceding that he would not go to bed on his own, I headed upstairs after him. I hunted him down, finally finding him in my parents’ bathroom with a mischievous grin and a hand behind his back. Knowing something was up, I grabbed for whatever he was concealing behind his back. Shock is the only word to describe my feelings on discovering his toy was a SWORD! Yes, an actual metal, sharp and pointy, dangerous sword. (My dad is a collector of many things). Apparently this particular sword was hidden in a cane and tightly screwed in, which Tieg managed to find and remove. To make matters worse his sword play began on my parent’s water bed.

 

Now, as you know, nothing terrible happened. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Fortunately my dad had the foresight to put a cork on the end of the sword on the off chance a small, stealthy, incredibly smart and obviously stronger than they look grandchild would find it, manage to remove it without any adult supervision and begin playing swords for real.  No telling how long he had played with the sword, but fortunately I got up there when I did, it was probably only a matter of time before he would have figured out and eliminated the cork deterrent.

 

I know we’ll laugh someday, but this one still gives me nerves. So grateful he, the other kids, and the waterbed made it through unscathed.

No comments:

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP