Thursday, January 1, 2009

Drumroll, Please...

I realize this has taken a long time, but blogging took the holiday off as well. I am sure the next few posts, full of holiday celebrations, will make up for the recent lack.

But here it is, the unveil of our home improvements thus far. Obviously, we are quite enthused. I am sure to some it would be a disappointment that we removed the overstated wallpaper or intense accent walls (please reference the previous post for a reminder of such elements). I always think about that show on TLC, "Moving Up," where former owners come back and are so distraught that the new residences have gotten rid of certain elements in the house that they obviously loved, so hopefully no one was too attached, but they just weren't for us. So we spent hours (and hours, repeat this a few more times) removing every last fragment of the wallpaper and then had it repainted and the floors redone. We were pleased with the effect.

But, listen to me ramble on...without further ado (I have always wanted to say that), here are the new pictures of the house.
















So there you have it. Now all we have to do is get all our furniture and other things moved in...no small feat. But this house will very quickly be a home. Thank you to everyone that helped- and the list is quite long!
But, we couldn't have done it without you.

9 comments:

Jessica W said...

It's GORGEOUS!! I love it! Have fun moving in- I bet you can't wait to live in it!!

michelle manning said...

It looks great! You guys did awesome work!

Cheramie said...

awesome! i love the fireplace and the floors look great!

Justin and Sindy said...

Beautiful!!!

Julie said...

I LOVE it!! The before and after pic's are way fun to see. The floor looks amazing!! Rhett & I just bought a house as well in Springville (who would of guessed...lol!!!) We bought a new home because the market here is super retarded and we found a new home for like 10 grand more than all the freakin 100 year homes were selling for...so we said what the heck - we are excited. It won't be done till around end of Feb/March but it will be fun I hope and not too stressful making payments...(in my dreams...)

MDChristensen said...

Looks FANtasTIC.. awesome job.. now we can talk about crushing ur house.. he he

Nelee said...

I'm so glad we got to see you while you were in town! Thanks for coming over. Your home looks beautiful and we are so excited for you guys. You've entered the world of home ownership. It definitely has its perks and disadvantages. I hope your haircut went well a Williams Edge and that you like it :) I'm giving you five days to add us to your friends list. Otherwise, I am cutting you off :0 JK

Mandi Arrington said...

Melissa! This is Mandi. Your house looks great! I haven't seen you in forever. You little girl is adorable. I hope all is well

At the White House said...

Hi There!!! I kept going on other people's blog and I found yours! Your home looks great - congratulations! Happy Birthday to Cody a couple days ago.
We think about you all the time.
Love, Ken & Claudia

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP