Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tieger Tales

We went to Texas to visit the cousins. After our recent move to Oklahoma we were glad to take a break from the monotony of unpacking to play. We went to the New Braunfels public pool at Landa Park. This is one of the cooler public pools I have seen because in addition to an Olympic size lap pool and a zero depth kiddie pool complete with slide, they have a whole section where you play in the actual river water. The river section was down the hill and was equipped with a natural pool of river water, slides and a rope swing.

 

It was packed at the pool and we had the whole crew that day, so it was 10 kids (counting all the cousins) to 4 adults. The ratio was formidable. So we kept constant roving eyes to know all kids were safe.

After a couple hours, we decided to brave taking the kids to the rivered portion. Grandma Deer, however, stayed up top at the kiddie pool with Suri.

 

After a while down in the river pool, Tieg and I headed up to get Grandma Deer to join the rest of us. We climbed the stairs and found Grandma only to head back down the hill. It was at this point that Tieg decided to make a run for it. Literally! He took off running. This happens often, and I couldn’t run very well because I had Suri so I quickened my pace and kept  a close watch on where he was headed while shouting at him to “STOP.” He ran around the corner of the large bathroom facility, heading for the stairs to the river area.

 

It was at this point I dumped Suri into my mom’s arms and raced after him. Only a moment passed before I rounded the same corner, just  in time to see him sitting with a big grin in a golf cart about 10 feet away foot poised above the gas pedal. 

"This isn’t too bad… what little boy wouldn’t jump in and pretend to be driving… of course no one would leave the keys in the ignition for just anyone to go joy riding in,” was what you may be thinking. Yep, that’s what I was thinking also. WRONG! He put his foot to the pedal and little cart lurched towards me and a wooden pergola off to my left. My natural instinct (or stupidity) took over and I put my hand in front of me to stop the golf cart. Fortunately he was not tall enough to get the pedal down for full speed, and I was able grab him out of the cart before any real damage could be done. It was at this point that the girl working the snack bar under the said pergola (most assuredly the owner of the golf cart) got up realizing what just happened in front of her.

 

This could have been disastrous, and I am so grateful everyone/thing involved was safe. I have to admit it took me a day or two but now it just makes me chuckle.

No comments:

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP