Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Rya!

  Rya turned two today! My sweet little baby girl is growing so fast. I know I say that a lot but it is hard for me to fathom the growth and changes in her in the short two years she has been around (see for yourself below). She brings me joy beyond explanation, she awes me with her ability and potential, and she challenges me daily to be a better mother and person.  


Rya015
(Rya at 1 day old)

Rya-2nd-Year (Rya in her second year)

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart--  I love you!!

 

Party

    Rya is really into princesses lately- so we gave her a birthday party fit for one. We had a small intimate party with close family friends where the adults doted on her and showered her with gifts. The “banquet” in her honor consisted of food fit for a young princess: Mac ’n’ cheese, fish sticks, nuggets, PB &J sandwiches, Jello Jigglers…the works. As for the adults, it will be a while before we work off all the carbs from that meal, but it was fun reverting back to eating like I did at two years old. And, yes, for her birthday we even went as far as to make her a princess birthday cake—she was delicious (probably more fattening than you would expect from Barbie). Rya loved her “Princess cupcake” as she referred to it. It was a night full of fun and frivolity fit for a princess.

IMG_0289
IMG_0329
IMG_0334



  

IMG_0336

3 comments:

Jessica W said...

So cute! Way to go on the cake too! Rya is a doll- I loved seeing all those darling pics of her!

Jessica Christensen said...

Great job on the cake. I think I could eat some. Looks so good!

Jessica Christensen said...

I was going to go post something on the other post because I thought it was different. I just wanted to say how fun it was to see how she has grown. Such a big girl now. It happens so fast. Believe me. I remember when Morgan was a little stick with a ball of blond fluff on her head. Wish we were closer to you guys!

Labels

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP